Office Administrator Job Posting
St. Aidan’s United Church is seeking a Professional Office Administrator. This is a full time position responsible for the administration and management of the church office and communicating church information and events to the congregation and the wider community.
St. Aidan’s United is a theologically progressive, diverse, GLBT affirming congregation. The congregation is evolving into a “Centre for Spiritual Learning”. Additional information about St. Aidan’s is at www.staidansunited.ca.
The ideal candidate will have professional expertise in the following areas:
- a) Administration: responsible for the overall coordination and effective work flow of the church office. This position is often the first point of contact for activities of the church community, members of the congregation as well as the wider community. Reporting to the Lead Minister, responsibilities include administrative and secretarial support to ministry staff, Council members and team leaders. This position is central to the effective and co-ordinated functioning of the activities and systems of the church community and building.
- b) Communication: working with the Lead Minister is responsible for all aspects of marketing St Aidan’s including communicating the church message out in the form of web presence, bulletins, media releases, newsletters, social media, worship service materials and reports plus facilitating the transmission of worship services e.g. webcasting and podcasting.
- c) Financial administration: working with the Treasurer, implements, maintains and oversees the church finances in accordance with accepted accounting procedures.
- a) 3-5 years experience working as an office administrator.
- b) Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, internet, webcasting, audio/visual and digital social media as well as the ability to train others.
- c) Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomatic and able to work compatibly with staff, volunteer leaders, members and others.
- d) Good working knowledge of and ability to stay current with social media, office, graphics, database and communication products and software.
- e) Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills.
The pay range for this position is $45,000 to $52,750 per annum (approximately $23 to $27 per hour based on a 37.5 hour work week). The starting salary level will be commensurate with the experience and education of the successful applicant. St. Aidan’s provides, through the United Church of Canada, a pension and benefits package and three weeks paid vacation annually. Permanent appointment will be subject to a 3 month probationary period. The closing date for applications is 2pm Friday April 29/16.
Applications can be left at St Aidan’s church office in a sealed envelope marked “Office Administrator posting” or emailed to Gordon Robinson at email@example.com
Posted April 11/16